This case study is a fictitious
project situation and any resemblance or similarity to actual events, dates, places
or names is purely coincidental. It was submitted for publication by email 3/29/08.
It is copyright to R. Leduc, ©2008.
Case Study Analysis
Given the above information, discuss Jeff's project in the following context:
- The project management skill sets that Jeff exhibits.
- The handling of the four project criteria of quality, scope, time, and cost.
- The integration aspects of project management.
- The scheduling and cost aspects of project management.
- What is the value of a project steering committee? Did Jeff fully utilize the steering committee?
- What did Jeff do correctly when he was putting together his project plan?
- What project cost methods did Jeff use and what was the fundamental flaw in his logic?
- How would you have handled the budget restriction of $5 million?
- What assumptions did Jeff make and what was the fallout from those assumptions?
- What organizational policies did Jeff breach and what are the implications for the project?
- What do you think of Jeff's stakeholder management skills?
- What time control strategies did Jeff use and what risks did he introduce? What were the pros and cons of his actions?
- How did Jeff falsely manipulate project costs?
- What organizational support was missing in this project and what implications did it have?