Project Management Methodologies has eight chapters as follows:
- Understanding Project Methodologies
- Project Methodologies Explained
- Project Management Frameworks
- Development Methodology - Selection and Utilization
- Implementing Project Methodologies
- Supporting the Methodology
- Project Templates and Techniques
- Project Processes and Trends
Of the chapters, chapter 4 is by far the longest and provides an interesting perspective on a variety of methodologies as viewed by Jason. He says: "I present various methodologies that can be used by virtually every industry using project management - not just IT - as the way to achieve business goals." However, the eighteen methodologies described in this chapter mostly focus on IT and only two or three of the four in Chapter 3 are really "generic".
The book sports a large number of bulleted checklists and tables for ease of reference. It also includes a number of figures to illustrate the text. Each chapter concludes with a summary or lessons learned, a set of discussion questions relating to the chapter and references where applicable.
The book also includes an Appendix of Questions and Answers. A CD-ROM that includes "more than 120 tried-and-true project management templates that can be utilized immediately" is purported to be available separately but we were unable to track down Jason's web site to verify this.
3. Ibid, p xiv