So, using the analogy of the Ten Commandments, Robin has distilled successful behaviors into "ten nuggets of advice" as culled from his experience. Each behavior is illustrated with examples from real project situations.
Following a brief introduction, the Ten Commandments, and hence the ten chapters are as follows:
- Thou Shalt Speak Thy Truth
- Though Shalt Not Say 'Yes' in Haste
- Thou Shalt Lead Thy Sponsor Down the Path of Reality
- Thou Shalt Not Present a Single Point Estimate
- Thou Shalt Pay for Quality, Just as Surely as Thou Payest for Thy Errors
- Though Shalt Not Avoid Conflict
- Thou Shalt Put Thy Stake in the Sand
- Thou Shalt Not Plan The Unknowable
- Thou Shalt Rid thyself of Incompetence
- Thou Shalt Not Assume That Which is False
Here Endeth The Lesson
To lighten the text, each chapter is illustrated with sketches and diagrams.