Information as an Asset
Like any other asset, you must know
- What is it, where is it and what does it do?
- What use is it, and how does it get maintained?
- Is it duplicated at other locations
- With consequent inaccuracies and conflicts?
Realistically, the top down view is the most useful
- Because you need a PMIS for decision-making
- Top down enables you to filter requirements accordingly
- And avoid getting bogged down in information overload
- A priority focus on Key Success (Performance) Indicators