An information strategy
- Is at the heart of a Portfolio or Project Management Office
- You could have a viable strategy without any computers
- But in today's world, that's very unlikely !
- Will the system be "top-down" or "bottom up",
- Top down means senior management at the business level
- Bottom up means inventorying all available project data
- At the work production level
- Then, identify who will use the system
- And what will be their information needs?
- Ask users the question:
- "To be better able to do your job,
what do you really need to know?"