What is Consensus?
In project team decision-making, "consensus" may be defined as
- Full agreement within the group of a course of action including all its details
This approach requires negotiation of all the precise details, amongst the group
- While leading to a higher level of "buy-in"
- The result tends to be equivalent to the "lowest common denominator"
- Negotiations will likely be protracted
- And the final course not necessarily optimal
- Nor in the best interests of the project's goals