Step 5 - 3
How much contingency time should I allow?
- That will depend on
- What is the degree of acceptable risk, or the penalty for delays?
- I.e. how critical is the completion date really?
- How complete is the work scope definition?
- How closely will the work be managed?
- Lack of pressure can lead to long slips
- How active is Murphy on your job? !
- There will always be
- The "learning curve effect" in starting an activity
- And some delay in transferring a deliverable from one task to the next