What if freezing does not take place?
If agreement on freezing the project's scope baseline cannot or does not take place
- Either do further work on the scope definition and planning until freezing is achieved, or
- Limit the amount of work in a following phase to that which can be frozen
- I.e. proceed with partial implementation
- Such that sufficient information or confidence can be gathered to enable scope baseline freezing
- A trial run or prototype model is often an effective strategy to achieve this