Why do projects get stuck?
It is important to understand
- Why projects often stick at 96. 97. 97.5 . . . % complete
- Most of the exciting work is done
- What is left is administrative work
- The customer doesn't want to close the project
- Because additional changes or tweaks are in mind
- The customer is enjoying the benefits of delivery
- And formal sign-off is now a low priority
- Project close-out was not properly planned for
- And so there is no "road map"
- Or it may be a case of simple apprehension
- Such as the fear of layoff!