Why so many?
Many technology methodologies tend to
- Be abstract, with insufficient "how-to" detail
- Or advocate excessive bureaucracy
- Lack relevance to business objectives
- Ignore industry standards, or established practices
- Fail to address key problem areas
- Lack performance metrics
- Fail generally to recognize or respect the required project management methodology, e.g.
- Report progress in terms of S, Q, T, and $
- Accept control and take corrective actions
So people try to invent new palatable solutions!