What does a PLS consist of?
At its most basic, it is generally accepted that
- A typical project life span consists of two broad periods each of two major phases (i.e. four in all)
- The first period involves conceptualizing and validating with a business case
- Then planning and developing a project brief or charter
- The second period involves implementation, i.e. detailed design and construction of the product
- Followed by product transfer to the intended customer
These phases are known by different names in different project environments